Scroll & click the images below to view this artwork in different rooms & settings.
- On a tablet or mobile, click the “view in your room” button, point your camera at the wall you wish to see the artwork on. It will appear to scale on the wall, when viewed through your device.
- On a desktop/laptop, click the same button & scan the QR code using a mobile device to view the artwork on your wall instantly.
- Use 1 finger to move artwork to desired spot. If it disappears, close, go back & click “view in your room” button again. To resize art, pinch to zoom with 2 fingers.
Requires compatible Apple iOS 13 or Android with ARCore 1.9+
Mark Nodea / Purnululu (Bungle Bungles) (18442)
76cm x 76cm Ochre on CanvasView more from artist
76cm x 76cm Ochre on Canvas
Other Payment Methods
How Artworks Are Sent
Ochre / Kimberley artworks are shipped on canvas or linen, already stretched, ready to hang unless stated otherwise.
Acrylic artworks are shipped on canvas or linen un-stretched, rolled up in a cardboard tube unless stated otherwise.
These artworks will need to be stretched on a stretcher board before hanging.
This can be done by nearly any picture framer (highly recommended) or you can DIY if you’re confident in your handiwork.
There are numerous "how to" videos on YouTube showing you how to achieve this.
Mark was born in Derby in 1968. He resides in Turkey Creek and is the former Chairperson of Warmun Art Centre. He is a wonderful ambassador for his Community and the traditional ochre art of the area. Mark is well educated and an incredibly talented Traditional ochre artist. His charcoal sketches and figurative acrylic works are testimony of his ability in any sphere / medium of artworks.
He has been taught the stories of his land by his mother, artist Nancy Nodea, and paints her country, Texas Downs, and his father’s country around Cherabun Station. Mark’s father is Hanson Boxer, a Walmajarrie man, and this enables Mark to extend his content to embrace both Gija land and his father’s country around Yakanarra (an excision of Go Go Station via Fitzroy Crossing) and Cherabun Station. His minimal and sometimes flamboyant style gives him scope for large works. He is undoubtedly one of the most naturally talented Australian artists.
Mark’s design won the 2002 Royal Australian Mint International Award for Pure Silver Collector Coin. The Royal Australian Mint has only released ten such coins since 1983. He has participated in Group Exhibitions and his first Solo in September 2003 at the prestigious Alison Kelly Gallery in Melbourne was a sell out success. In 2013, Mark beat a host of brilliant Western Australian artists to take out first prize in the $20,000 Mid West Art Award for Excellence. In 2020, Mark‘s solo exhibition at Short Street Gallery in Broome sold out on the opening night.
• Laverty Collection, Sydney
• Art Gallery of Western Australia
• Ross Jones Collection, Sydney
• Art Gallery of Queensland
• 2013 – First Prize, $20,000 Mid West Art Award for Excellence
• 2002 – Kimberley Interpreting Centre, Designer of Image for Medical Poster
• 2002 – Royal Australian Mint, Canberra, Designer of 10th Commemorative Silver Dollar
• Mark Nodea – Balungarr, Short Street Gallery, Broome, WA
• Desert River Sea – Portraits of the Kimberley, Art Gallery of Western Australia
• Warmun Aboriginal Art – Art Images Gallery, Adelaide, SA
• 5th Annual Belle Arti Prize Exhibition
• East of East Kimberley, ReDot Gallery, Singapore
• Ochre on Board, Japingka Gallery, Fremantle, WA
• Back To The Board, Coo-ee Gallery, Sydney, NSW
• Wolf Creek Crater, AGOG, Melbourne, VIC
• Mark Nodea, Alison Kelly Gallery, Melbourne, VIC
• Group Show, Framed Gallery, Darwin, NT
• East Kimberley Show, Short Street Gallery, Broome
• Coomalie Culture Centre, Batchelor, NT
• All That Gija Country, Flinders University Museum, SA
• Thornquest Gallery, Gold Coast, QLD
• New Works From Warmun, Framed, Darwin, NT
• In Celebration – The Peter Bailiee Aquisitive Exhibition, Flinders University Art Museum
This is Purnululu (Bungle Bungles) country painted in the hot time, around October/November before the rain. The colours of this part of our country change all the time – from pink in the morning, bright red in the hot summer time, yellow and brown in the dry, black during the storms and green when the grass grows after the first rain. Every time you go there, it looks different. It’s just like magic – you can paint the same place at a different time of the day or year, and it’s the colours that make it look never the same. This is a very important part of the Gija country.
Shipping, Returns & Exchanges
Shipping & Insurance is 100% Free Worldwide
Note: Some countries & local jurisdictions may charge import customs fees. Please check with your local customs office. Free shipping does not include any additional import duties, taxes or fees.Guarantee & Refunds:
All artworks come with a 30-day 100% money back guarantee.
If, for whatever reason, on delivery of your artwork(s), you are not satisfied with your acquisition, you may return the artworks(s) for a full refund of the purchase price.
When requesting a refund all return shipping charges are to be borne by the customer and as all goods are the responsibility of the customer until they are received by us, we highly recommend that you insure the goods to be returned to the value of the purchase price.
This can usually be done easily through your local postage service or courier.Exchanges:
The Artlandish 30-day exchange program means you may also swap your artwork(s) with something else up to the value of the originally purchased painting(s).
Simply notify Artlandish within 30 days of receiving your artwork that you wish to exchange it for another piece and then return the artwork to be exchanged.
The new artwork(s) chosen via exchange also enjoy Free worldwide shipping! You will only have to cover the return shipping costs of the artwork you wish to exchange.
If you have any other questions or concerns , please don't hesitate to contact us at any time.
For more information and full details please see our refunds and returns policy page , money back guarantee page and our shipping page