Scroll & click the images below to view this artwork in different rooms & settings.
- On a tablet or mobile, click the “view in your room” button, point your camera at the wall you wish to see the artwork on. It will appear to scale on the wall, when viewed through your device.
- On a desktop/laptop, click the same button & scan the QR code using a mobile device to view the artwork on your wall instantly.
- Use 1 finger to move artwork to desired spot. If it disappears, close, go back & click “view in your room” button again. To resize art, pinch to zoom with 2 fingers.
Requires compatible Apple iOS 13 or Android with ARCore 1.9+
Katie Cox / Barramundi (Daiwul) Dreaming (18626)
60cm x 150cm Ochre on CanvasView more from artist
60cm x 150cm Ochre on Canvas
Other Payment Methods
How Artworks Are Sent
Ochre / Kimberley artworks are shipped on canvas or linen, already stretched, ready to hang unless stated otherwise.
Acrylic artworks are shipped on canvas or linen un-stretched, rolled up in a cardboard tube unless stated otherwise.
These artworks will need to be stretched on a stretcher board before hanging.
This can be done by nearly any picture framer (highly recommended) or you can DIY if you’re confident in your handiwork.
There are numerous "how to" videos on YouTube showing you how to achieve this.
Katie was born at Texas Downs Station and was fortunate to have an education at Beagle Bay. She relocated to Warmun after her schooling and began teaching the children on the Community – an occupation which she is still involved with today.
Katie comes from a family of talented artists – her aunts Lena Nyadbi and Goody Barrett introduced her to painting, and she was encouraged by her brother, International Artist Churchill Cann, and other established artists. Her husband is renowned artist, Tommy Carroll.
Katie not only has a style of her own which is varied, bold and yet often whimsical (as in her “Devil Dog” work), but she is meticulous in method and fastidious in detail. Her paintings are invariably accompanied by a Ngarrangkarni (Dreamtime) story.
She has participated in many Exhibitions, collected by the National Gallery of Australia and Parliament House Collection – most definitely a collectable artist for the investor or those who enjoy a beautiful piece of art on their wall.
– Back To The Board, Coo-ee Gallery, Sydney, NSW
– “Women from Texas Downs,” Gadfly Gallery, Dalkeith, Perth, WA
– Warmun Art Centre Presents, Mary Place Gallery, Sydney, NSW
– Warmun Group Show, Framed Gallery, Darwin, NT
– Big Country Show, Gallery Gondwana, Alice Springs, NT
– The Next Generation, Balgo and Warmun, Alcaston Gallery, Melbourne, VIC
– Featured Artist, Posco Art Centre, Seoul, Korea
– Warmun Group Show, Flinders University Art Museum, Adelaide, SA
– Thornquest Gallery, Gold Coast, QLD
– “Women’s Show”, Vivien Anderson Gallery, Melbourne, VIC
– “Colleen Carter, Tommy Carroll and Katie Cox”, Span Gallery, Flinders Lane, Melbourne, VIC
– “Collectors Show in association with Seva Frangos”, Span Gallery, Flinders St, Melbourne VIC
– “Grand Opening Exhibition of Thornquest Gallery”, Gold Coast, QLD
– “Four Warmun Ngarliwarrin (Women)”, Artplace, Perth, WA
– “State of My Country”, Hogarth Galleries, Paddington, Sydney, NSW
– Katie Cox and Tommy Carroll, Ben Grady Gallery, Canberra, ACT
– Short Street Gallery, Broome, WA
– Hogarth Galleries, Paddington, Sydney, NSW
– Desert Designs, Japingka Gallery, Fremantle, WA
– National Gallery of Australia, Canberra
– Parliament House Collection, Canberra
– Broadmeadows Health Services Collection, Broadmeadows, VIC
– Private and Corporate Collections Australia and Europe
This painting shows a place not far from where the Argyle Diamond Mine is now located in the East Kimberley. It was here that the giant Barramundi, Daiwul, swam down Bow River, during the Narrangarni or Dreamtime Creation Era. Three womenwere chasing Diawul. But she was a clever fish and jumped over the fish trap that the three women had set. The three Dreamtime women were fishing by pushing a wall of spinifex down a creek. As Daiwul passed over the hill, her underbelly scraped the hill causing a crack to form in the hill. The scales of her underbelly were scattered across the countryside and turned into diamonds of all colours that are found there today. She also jumped over the hill located directly behind Bow River. The women went down and stood at the edge of the water at a place called Gawinyin, or Cattle Creek Rockhole, on the river south of the mine. They turned to stone and you can still see them standing near the waterhole today.
Shipping, Returns & Exchanges
Shipping & Insurance is 100% Free Worldwide
Note: Some countries & local jurisdictions may charge import customs fees. Please check with your local customs office. Free shipping does not include any additional import duties, taxes or fees.Guarantee & Refunds:
All artworks come with a 30-day 100% money back guarantee.
If, for whatever reason, on delivery of your artwork(s), you are not satisfied with your acquisition, you may return the artworks(s) for a full refund of the purchase price.
When requesting a refund all return shipping charges are to be borne by the customer and as all goods are the responsibility of the customer until they are received by us, we highly recommend that you insure the goods to be returned to the value of the purchase price.
This can usually be done easily through your local postage service or courier.Exchanges:
The Artlandish 30-day exchange program means you may also swap your artwork(s) with something else up to the value of the originally purchased painting(s).
Simply notify Artlandish within 30 days of receiving your artwork that you wish to exchange it for another piece and then return the artwork to be exchanged.
The new artwork(s) chosen via exchange also enjoy Free worldwide shipping! You will only have to cover the return shipping costs of the artwork you wish to exchange.
If you have any other questions or concerns , please don't hesitate to contact us at any time.
For more information and full details please see our refunds and returns policy page , money back guarantee page and our shipping page