Scroll & click the images below to view this artwork in different rooms & settings.
- On a tablet or mobile, click the “view in your room” button, point your camera at the wall you wish to see the artwork on. It will appear to scale on the wall, when viewed through your device.
- On a desktop/laptop, click the same button & scan the QR code using a mobile device to view the artwork on your wall instantly.
- Use 1 finger to move artwork to desired spot. If it disappears, close, go back & click “view in your room” button again. To resize art, pinch to zoom with 2 fingers.
Requires compatible Apple iOS 13 or Android with ARCore 1.9+
Tommy Carroll / Dingo Dog Lost (2B)
60cm x 60cm Ochre on CanvasView more from artist
60cm x 60cm Ochre on Canvas
Other Payment Methods
How Artworks Are Sent
Ochre / Kimberley artworks are shipped on canvas or linen, already stretched, ready to hang unless stated otherwise.
Acrylic artworks are shipped on canvas or linen un-stretched, rolled up in a cardboard tube unless stated otherwise.
These artworks will need to be stretched on a stretcher board before hanging.
This can be done by nearly any picture framer (highly recommended) or you can DIY if you’re confident in your handiwork.
There are numerous "how to" videos on YouTube showing you how to achieve this.
Tommy was born in 1956 at Doon Doon Station in the East Kimberley and worked as a stockman for many years. His knowledge of the country in which he worked is extensive and the pivotal focus of his paintings.
He is a natural – his style is strong, individual, balanced, striking. It is obvious that he has never followed in anyone’s footsteps – his works are most definitely by Tommy Carroll. The paintings flow with the landscape – from minimal yet precise black and white to vibrant reds and bright yellow to the softer black/brown/green of his grandfather, Paddy Carroll’s country.
He has participated in Solo and Group Exhibitions throughout Australia – his paintings have been acquired by important collectors, the National Gallery of Australia and the Parliament House Collection. Tommy’s works are popular world-wide, as many collectors from America, Germany and Holland have discovered and collected and continue to commission works by this now well established artist.
A man of few words, a focused, professional artist – minimal by style, not by market preference.
Selected Solo & Group Exhibitions
• Mabel Juli & Tommy Carroll, Gallery Gabrielle Pizzi
• Ochre: A Study in Materiality, Short Street Gallery, Broome
• East of East Kimberley, ReDot Gallery, Singapore
• Ralph Pucci International Gallery, New York (in association with Cross Cultural Art Exchange, Darwin)
• Greetings From Turkey Creek, Mary Place Gallery, Sydney
• “From the ground up: Ochre work from the Kimberley”, Chapman Gallery, Canberra
• Gentlemen of Warmun, Seva Frangos Art, Perth
• East Kimberley Artworks, Japingka Gallery , Perth
• Warmun Art Centre Presents, Mary Place Gallery, Sydney
• Mabel Juli & Tommy Carroll, Kaliman Gallery, Sydney
• Solo Show, Vivien Anderson Gallery, Melbourne
• Recent Works by Warmun Artists, Framed Gallery, Darwin
• Solo Show, Vivien Anderson Gallery, Melbourne
• Flinders University Art Museum, Adelaide
• Colleen Carter, Tommy Carroll and Katie Cox, Span Gallery, Flinders Lane, Melbourne
• Collectors Show – in association with Seva Frangos, Span Gallery, Flinders St, Melbourne
• Ben Grady Gallery, Canberra
• Australian National Gallery, Canberra
• Parliament House Collection, Canberra
• Artbank, Sydney
• Broadmeadows Health Service Collection, Victoria
There are lots of Ngarrangkarni (Dreamtime) stories about an old man and his dingo dog. That old man, he went out with his dogs one day hunting – he needed those dogs to help him hunt for kangaroo. He made his camp in between those two hills right at the bottom – lit a fire and had a good feed. But when he’d finished, well he chucked his left-over food into the fire – didn’t feed his dogs. They were pretty mad about that – he was a mean old fella. So they decided to run away. That man woke up next day and saw most of them running away, but one he thought would always stay, no matter what he did to it. Well, he was wrong. That really good dog, he’d had enough like the rest. The man ran up those hills, calling out for that dog because he thought he was just lost – but he wasn’t – he caught up with the rest of them and never came back to this place. That old man’s spirit is still there – you can hear him calling out some nights – still waiting for that good dog to come back.
Shipping, Returns & Exchanges
Shipping & Insurance is 100% Free Worldwide
Note: Some countries & local jurisdictions may charge import customs fees. Please check with your local customs office. Free shipping does not include any additional import duties, taxes or fees.Guarantee & Refunds:
All artworks come with a 30-day 100% money back guarantee.
If, for whatever reason, on delivery of your artwork(s), you are not satisfied with your acquisition, you may return the artworks(s) for a full refund of the purchase price.
When requesting a refund all return shipping charges are to be borne by the customer and as all goods are the responsibility of the customer until they are received by us, we highly recommend that you insure the goods to be returned to the value of the purchase price.
This can usually be done easily through your local postage service or courier.Exchanges:
The Artlandish 30-day exchange program means you may also swap your artwork(s) with something else up to the value of the originally purchased painting(s).
Simply notify Artlandish within 30 days of receiving your artwork that you wish to exchange it for another piece and then return the artwork to be exchanged.
The new artwork(s) chosen via exchange also enjoy Free worldwide shipping! You will only have to cover the return shipping costs of the artwork you wish to exchange.
If you have any other questions or concerns , please don't hesitate to contact us at any time.
For more information and full details please see our refunds and returns policy page , money back guarantee page and our shipping page